Table of Contents
When planning any vacation, Disney included, you want to make sure you have the most accurate information. One thing that comes up several times a year is refurbishments of rides This will change from year to year and there will be announcements before this takes place. We have some of the Disney World refurbishments 2020 already known. This article will be updated throughout the year as more are reported.
What does the refurbishment mean?
This is when certain rides go down to be fixed up or updated throughout the year. Why this is important is that this may impact your vacation. If you look at the app, it may come across as temporarily closed. You don’t want to get to the parks and find out that something you were looking forward to is closed. Reviewing this ahead of time will help to plan your time in the parks. Rides may be down for a few weeks or even a couple of months. There are several rides/attractions that have been down longer but this is rare. These are important to note when you are planning out your Fastpasses.
- Primeval Whirl – Will only be open seasonally
- Kali River Rapids – January 6th to March 21st, 2020
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – Permanently Ended
- Impressions de France – Reopens January 2020 with a new show
- O Canada update– Reopens January 2020
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – Summer 2020
- Test Track – January 13, 2020 to February 26th, 2020
- No current refurbishments
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Opening March 4th, 2020
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – May 4th to May 21st, 2020
- Stitch’s Great Escape – Closed Permanently
- Splash Mountain – January 6th, 2020 to February 27, 2020
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse – April 27th to May 4th, 2020
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Reopening TBD (Likely Fall 2020)
Water Park Closures
- Typhoon Lagoon – January 19th – March 29th, 2020
- Blizzard Beach Water Park – September 8th, 2019 – Early 2020
- Disney All-star Music Resort – Calypso Pool from Mid Sept 2020 to Mid Dec 2020
- Art of Animation – The Big Blue Pool from Mid Sept 2020 to Mid Dec. 2020
- Fort Wilderness – Tri- Circle- D ranch from August 2019 to TBD
- Polynesian Villiage Resort – Spirit of Aloha from January 19th-27th, 2020
- Pop Century – Hippy Dippy Pool from January 2020 to Early spring 2020
The refurbishments shouldn’t ruin a person’s vacation but it is likely to alter it in some fashion. The bigger rides are not put on hold very often but it may occur. When a ride is refurbished then it is an investment into the future running of the ride. You want to know that what you are riding is up to date and safe. Often times during that time, they are inspecting for any potential issues as well as ensuring all the effects work. It can be frustrating but it is important for rides to go through this. I was disappointed when the Railroad went down for refurbishment and the construction of the Tron coaster, but I know it will be better in the long run. That is why it is important to stay up to date with Disney World refurbishments 2020.