In honor of the release of the live action Aladdin movie, we have Abu’s easy banana bread recipe! Aladdin was one of my favorite movies growing up so It seems fitting that we come up with a recipe for the movie. This has been one of the best banana bread recipes that I have made. And has become my go to recipe for when I’ve got overripe bananas. The best part of this is that you do not need any fancy equipment! No need for a mixer, just a fork and a little time. You can make the process easier with a mixer but it is not needed. Ensure that the bananas are ripe will make your job easier, plus it gives them some use rather than heading for the compost bin.
This banana bread is light and fluffy and will make for a great way to start the day! Banana bread just seems to be one of the staple foods that can bring the family together. It is a quick type of bread, meaning that there is no yeast needed and uses baking powder and soda. This full-flavored recipe is quick and easy to make. But if you want to change the flavor a little, you easily can by throwing in additions such as chocolate chips and chopped nuts. I’ve even had someone throw in orange zest! Sometimes it is nice to customize this to your personal preference. Abu’s easy banana bread recipe is one of my favorites.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter – Room Temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan or can use baking spray
3. Mix the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until they are light and fluffy. Add the eggs while beating them well. Butter will mix easier if it is room temperature
4. In a smaller bowl, mash up the bananas with a fork. After mashed, add milk and cinnamon and mix
5. Combine the sugar and banana mixtures and stir until combined. Then combine the dry ingredients until they are fully mixed.
6. Pour batter in the pan that has been buttered and bake for about 1 hour – Use a toothpick inserted in the center to come out clean. This may take a little longer, up to 1 ½ hours depending on oven
7. Set the pan on a rack to cool the bread for about 15 minutes then remove the bread from pan. Let the bread cool before cutting.
- If you want to minimize the dishes and clean up later on, mix the sugar and butter until fluffy then mash bananas in the same bowl and slowly add ingredients into the 1 bowl, best to start with the liquid/soft ingredients and work towards dry. May take a little more time but worth it to minimize clean up.
- If you opt to add walnuts or chocolate chips, you can hold off adding nutmeg.
Have you tried this easy banana bread recipe? What did you think in the comments below