Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom
We’re to believe that Halloween is already over now we are heading into the Christmas season. It doesn’t take long for Disney to undergo a complete transformation and roll out the Yuletide decorations. along with the decorations it also signifies the start Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party. If you are unsure what these are, they are an incredible extra ticketed event or select nights from the start of November until the end of December.
There is a lot to do and see during the Christmas party, this will be a quick breakdown.
Lets dash into the specifics
Dates and times
MVMCP party dates for 2019 are:
November 8,11,12,14,15, 17, 19,21,22,24
Usually, the November dates are less crowded than the December parties. With the exception of the first couple parties of November as you see a lot of bloggers going to these ones. Parties during the week are also less crowded than the weekends with Tuesday least crowded typically.
It is important to remember that these tickets are non-refundable, this includes inclement weather. You can buy the tickets ahead of time for a little bit of a discount. Which is about $10 per ticket. or you can wait and buy tickets at the gate for a non-discount rate. The only issue with doing this is that you run the risk that parties could be sold out.
There are already two parties that it’s sold out for 2019, which are November 8th and November 24th.
It is likely that the December 20th and 22nd parties will likely sell out as well but have not at this point.
How to get the most out of your party
If you are doing just the MVMCP, then you want to get there early. You can get to the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm on the day of the party. This will allow some time to be spent exploring before the party actually starts. If you get there early, you may be able to get a couple of fast passes prior to the start of the party.
When you arrive at the park, you will be given a special wristband for the event. These can be picked up at:
- Guest Relations window in Liberty Square
- inside the Chamber of Commerce building on Main Street
- near Buzz Lightyear
- near Tortuga Tavern
- outside of Mickey’s Philharmagic
- the front
It is also important to remember that you can not get Fastpasses after 6 pm on the night of the party or during the party.
At the start of the party, make sure to pick up a map that has the times and the characters along with the meeting areas.
You can get a $5 per ticket discount for DVC members. If you are a DVC member and have a ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party, then you are able to enter the park at 2 pm. This is done by presenting your DVC member card and your ticket. This can be used for the member and up to 7 guests.
As with all of the parties at Walt Disney World, it is important to take note of the Shows that will take place throughout the night. Many of them have multiple times that you’ll be able to view them. So take time out of the evening not to miss out on these incredible entertainment additions to the party
A Frozen Holiday Wish
This popular nighttime show kicks off the Christmas party as the castle is transformed into and I see Wonderland from our favorite Frozen cast. Watch as Elsa makes her way from Arendell and works her magic to bring a little bit of Arendelle into the Magic Kingdom. During a Frozen Holiday Wish, Elsa is also joined by Anna, Sven, Kristoff and of course Olaf. This was a live stream by Disney several nights ago I can be found here. This takes place at 8:15 pm and can be seen at 6:15 pm before the party starts. If you want to get the most out of the evening, I would recommend checking out the earlier show. However, the show maybe a little more crowded during this time.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime parade
Are you going to be at one of Disney’s Christmas parties, the parade is a must-see. This is probably one of the most popular aspects of the entire party itself. We get to see a diverse cast of Disney characters from the classic group to even Wreck-It Ralph. Watch as reindeer, nutcrackers, and gingerbread dance down Main Street. does parade starts over in Frontierland it makes its way through Liberty Square and then down Main Street USA.
There are plenty of areas to watch the parade go by. But is important to find a spot early if you want the best seating. If you’re looking to see it early and then get back to festivities, it is best to watch the parade from the Frontierland area. But even then it can be fairly crowded. This parade usually runs twice a night, one at 8:30 p.m. and the other at 11 p.m. based on the 2018 parties. Which has been confirmed for the 2019 parties.
Minnies Wonderful Christmas time Fireworks
This is a highly anticipated fireworks show which will be a new addition to the Christmas party. It will likely feature a lot of projections onto the castle and an impressive fireworks display. This will include treasured holiday Classics including Deck the Halls in Joy to the World. It is unclear but how much projections will be used during the show or if it will be more focused on fireworks. And of course, the host is none other than Minnie Mouse herself! We will see if this upgraded firework show is enough to keep up with the Happily Ever After fireworks show. There is only one showing at 10 pm each night of the party.
Totally Tomorrowland Christmas show
Traveling through Tomorrowland don’t forget to check out the totally Tomorrowland Christmas show featuring you always mischievous Stitch. take time to watch this hilarious show which has Stitch hunting down Santa Claus in order to bring snow to Tomorrowland. We see some of our favorite Pixar Stars making an appearance including Mike Wazowski and Buzz Lightyear. this also provides its own festive musical numbers. This is a great show for if you have little ones as there is even a kids-only area in front of the stage. These shows are at 7:40, 8:30, 9:20, 10:45, and 11:45.
Character Dance Party at Club Tinsel
Where to get your dance on at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe. this area transforms into Club tinsel where you can find reindeer, polar bears and elves dancing to your favorite holiday hits. If your kids love the reindeer from the parade, this is a great way to be able to see them a little bit closer. The party includes a live DJ to mixes the tracks.
Disney Junior Jingle Jam
If you are your little ones are a fan of Disney Junior then hop over to Storybook Circus area for the jingle jam. Be able to dance the evening away with some of your favorite Disney characters including Timon and Vampirina. This has been a popular area during the Halloween parties and has now made their way do Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Even if you don’t have little ones, this would be a great area to check out anyways.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
If you’re looking for the merriest of celebrations then don’t miss out on the stage show in front of the castle, Mickey’s merriest celebration. This will bring in some of the most beloved holiday carols. With both a medley of contemporary and classic songs to please the ears. Watch as a whole host of Disney characters take the stage, from the normal group of Daisy, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto but also Jessie, Woody, Alice, and the White Rabbit. Along with many others. This will include shows at 7:40, 9:25, 10:30 and midnight.
If you are looking for comic relief and musical melodies, then look no farther than Frontierland with the Reindeer Wranglers. This adds a little bit of country music to the Christmas season. In the past, the Country Bears have already also made an appearance at times. This was a popular show in 2018 but has not confirmed for 2019 parties as of yet. there had been five shows during the 2018 Christmas party, performing at 7:15 p.m., 8:05 p.m., 9:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m., and 11:45 p.m.
Meet and Greets
At the time of writing this, none of the characters have been confirmed for the 2019 Christmas parties, but this is who was present during the 2018 parties. What makes a lot of the characters special during the parties or that they are in Christmas / holiday attire and may not be available to me outside of the parties.
Characters in Adventureland
- Aladdin with Abu – meeting at the Agrabah Bazaar
- Captain Jack Sparrow – meeting near Pirates of the Caribbean
- Jasmine and Genie – meeting at the Agrabah Bazaar, alternating with Aladdin and Abu
- Moana – meeting at the enchanted Tiki Room
- Peter Pan – roaming through Adventureland
Characters in Fantasyland
- Ariel and Prince Eric – near Under the Sea
- Aurora and Prince Philip- Fantasyland near Pinocchio Village Haus
- Belle – near Gaston’s tavern
- Cinderella and Prince Charming – inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Daisy and Minnie – meeting your Fantasyland train station
- Donald and Scrooge McDuck – inside Storybook Circus
- Elena of Avalor – inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Rapunzel and Flynn Rider – inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Santa Goofy – near Barnstormer
- Seven Dwarfs – inside Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Snow White and her prince – Fantasyland near Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tiana and Naveen- inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Tigger and Friends – near Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Vampirina and Timon – Storybook Circus at the Disney Junior Jingle Jam
Characters in Liberty Square
- Mary Poppins and Bert – near Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
- Mickey Mouse – inside Town Square Theater
- Sandy Claws and Sally – inside Town Square Theater
- Santa Claus- Near City Hall
Characters in Tomorrowland
- Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps- near Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Reindeer and Polar bears- inside Cosmic Rays
Characters in Frontierland
- Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker and Wendell – near Country Bear Jamboree
What rides will be open
- Adventureland – Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Jingle Cruise
- Fantasyland – Princess Fairytale Hall, Peter Pan’s Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mickey’s Philharmagic, it’s a small world, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Frontierland – Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square – The Haunted Mansion
- Main Street U.S.A – Characters at the Town Square Theater
- Tomorrowland – Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway
One of the biggest rides is the Jingle cruise as it is the fun of the Jungle cruise with a Christmas theme. This tends to be one of the more popular rides. If possible, it is recommended to ride it during a normal day as this is not exclusive to the party.
Any of the stores spread out through the Magic Kingdom will also have limited edition releases for the Christmas party. some of the 1/2-year-old be able to buy during the day, but there may be certain things that are only available during the Christmas party. They have a wide range of holiday-themed or party-themed merchandise. This ranges from shirts two pins and everything in between. it’d be very easy to go a little crazy here.
As with many of the various parties at Disney World, what are the bigger aspects is the photopass. Spread out throughout the party are a bunch of PhotoPass photographers they are to capture your magic moments. Some of the photographs can be simple and in front of the castle or could have a little bit of Disney magic with their magic shots. This may include a character that is superimposed on the photograph later on. May also be using props or signs what happened to picture taken, such as a sign for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This includes the classic picture area where you can hold Tinkerbell’s Lantern which is extremely popular.
Free party snacks!
This is one of the best parts of the parties. Granted the cost is factored into the price of the park ticket but it is a great addition. There is currently no limit for the snacks. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is similar to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party but will a little bit of difference. During MVMCP, you are able to get drinks and cookies. The drinks range from Apple cider, egg nog, hot chocolate and Fanta.
The areas to get treats are marked with signs, such as the nutcracker on main Street, USA or candy cane by Cosmic Ray’s.
- Aunty Gravity’s Galactic Goodies: Santa Claus Cookie and Sno-Cone
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
- Liberty Square Ticket Office: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
- Market Street – Mickey Santa Claus Sugar Cookie
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow (Fantasyland): Peppermint Crunch Cookie and Nestle® Nesquik®
- Pinocchio’s Village Haus: Hot chocolate, Fanta, & assorted cookies
- The Friar’s Nook (Fantasyland): Silky Smooth DOVE® Chocolate and Sparkling Apple Cider (candies provided by DOVE® Chocolate and J&J Snack Foods)
- Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland): Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
You can get healthy or gluten-free alternatives as well if you have a food sensitivity but will need to ask at the counter. This is subject to change at any time. Many of the special treats during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are exclusive to the party itself and cannot be found outside of these times.
Play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom?
Make sure to stop by the Firehouse on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom for a free special edition card for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! This year, the card is reported that it will be Pluto. The card can be picked up at the Firehouse after 7 pm the night of the party or before 7 with the wristband.
Last year’s card was The Tiki Room’s Four Cawing Birds.
What do you think?
This is one of the most popular ticket events at Walt Disney World. And what could there be not to love with the Christmas magic hitting the Magic Kingdom. the ticket price can be a little expensive, running between $95-130 per ticket. Prices can add up quickly. However, for everything that is incorporated into the total cost, it can completely be worth going at least once. There is plenty to see and do during the party so take your time and enjoy the atmosphere.
Is there something you’d consider going to in the future? Let us know in the comments below!
Comments are closed.